Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Quick Paleo Scramble With Ground Beef

What to do when you don't feel much like cooking and wish you had something easy to throw together? (As in, every day for me.)

Grab what's in the fridge and scramble it into some eggs.

What I did:

4 eggs
1/4 lb ground beef
1/4 chopped red onion
1/2 lime
1 sm tomato
dash of salt

Quick Paleo Scramble with Ground Beef

Throw the ground beef and red onions into a pan on medium heat until the beef is just brown. The onions will still be a bit crunchy, and that's how I like them.

Quick Paleo Scramble with Ground Beef

Scramble and add the four eggs, and a dash of salt*. Whirl them around until they're cooked how you like. I like my eggs well done and dry. No runny goo for me, thanks.

Quick Paleo Scramble with Ground Beef

Cut the tomato into bite sized pieces and add them to the top of your scramble, squeeze a little lime juice over them and top it off with some spicy sauce. I found this Louisiana Gold in a nearby grocery and it's my favorite find. No preservatives, no chemicals, just tasty pepper sauce that's not too hot for my wimpy tongue.

Enjoy!

How it came out:
Quite tasty, and more than one person can eat.

What I would do different next time:
Nothing. Quick, easy, tasty. Just how I like it, and it's not just a breakfast dish. I had this for dinner tonight, and will eat the second half for lunch tomorrow.

*Note to self. Buy sea salt in England, I can't find it here in my Brazilian town.

No comments:

Post a Comment