Friday, June 7, 2013

Paleo Roasted and Curried Cauliflower

When I made the chicken curry in the crock pot today, I had about half a head of cauliflower left over. What to do with it? Hmm...

Since I had the curry spices out already, I threw them on the cauliflower and whacked it in the oven.

Here's what I did:

1/2 head cauliflower, broken up into florettes
1 tbs curry powder
1/4 tsp cumin
salt
olive oil

Line a baking pan with foil and spritz the foil with olive oil (I brought a handy-dandy oil sprayer with me from the States).

Put the cauliflower in a zip lock bag with the curry powder and cumin and shake it up until well coated.

Paleo Roasted and Curried Cauliflower



Dump the spiced cauliflower into the prepared pan and spritz it with more olive oil. Throw some salt over it, as much as you prefer.

Place it in the oven under the broiler (not too close) for about 15-20 minutes until it's just a little bit brown.

Paleo Roasted and Curried Cauliflower


Take it out, eat it up.

How it came out:

Tasty, with just a bit of spicy heat. I had to go downstairs for a while after I pulled it out of the oven, so it was cold when I got back. 30 seconds in the microwave fixed that.

This would make enough for a side dish for two people, or one nicely sized afternoon snack for one person.

What I would do next time:

Make more! Also, it would probably be really good with some shredded coconut.

No comments:

Post a Comment