Saturday, July 13, 2013

What Do You Have For Breakfast?

We're in the UK for a couple of months while we wait for our Brazilian visas to come through. I haven't posted anything here while we're gone since the idea of this blog is to document my Paleo eating journey in Brazil and, well, I'm not in Brazil.

However, a good point was brought up so I thought I'd make a note.

We had lunch with another couple on Sunday, good friends who we'll really miss when we leave here, and part of our long and winding conversation touched on Paleo eating.

Bruce's first question? What do you eat for breakfast if you can't have grains and can't have dairy? Breakfast in the UK revolves around toast, rolls, beans, milk, cereal, porridge and more toast, not to mention the milk in your coffee or tea.

In the spirit of figuring out what to eat without all of those things, I'm making a list of my breakfasts every day for a week. Here we go...

Paleo - What do you eat for breakfast?


Sunday:
  • Two hard boiled organic eggs with Brian's new special sauce (recipe to come soon because I can't remember what he put in it) and a touch of sea salt.
  • Bullet Proof coffee
Monday:
Tuesday:
  • Bullet Proof Chai Tea
  • Leftover sweet potato mash from last night's dinner
  • Chicken drumstick with peppers and onions
Wednesday:
  • Chai tea with a half teaspoon of organic honey and a dash of extra cinnamon (I ran out of butter)
  • Handful of raspberries and cherries
  • Two scrambled eggs with chicken and veg (leftover from last night's dinner)
Thursday:
  • Plain Chai Tea
  • Two scrambled eggs
  • A handful of green olives 
Friday:
  •  Plain Chai Tea
  • A handful of raw walnuts
  • A few dried apricots 

Saturday:
  •  Plain Chai Tea
  • Two poached eggs with sea salt
  • One piece of bacon
There we go, that's the whole week. I ate a lot of eggs this week. Usually there are more protein, usually meats leftover from the night before, but I seemed a bit short on those. My British kitchen is tiny, and somehow that translates into smaller meals with less leftovers.

Any questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment