Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Paleo Apple Burgers

Of course, like anybody with a new interest, I've been trolling the Paleo blogs searching for recipes and hints to make this transition easier. I came across this recipe for Apple Dijon Burgers on Picket Fence Paleo which looked easy enough, and pretty dang tasty, and thought I'd give it a try.

Did I mention that I'm not a good cook? I wish I was, and I wish I liked to cook, but no. Easy recipes are more my speed and this one is fairly simple. I figured that even I would have a hard time messing it up, even though I changed it a tiny bit.



I used:

1/2 kilo ground beef (carne moida)
1/2 red onion, finely chopped (cebola vermelha, picado finamente)
1 small fuji apple, finely chopped (maçã fuji, picado finamente)
About 2-3 tbs brown mustard (mostarda escura)
1 tsp celery salt (sal do aipo)



Moosh it all together, form into four burger patties and place on a baking sheet.
Cook in the oven at 180 c (about 350 f) for 20 minutes. I think I'll lower the temp a bit next time, I like them a little more pink in the middle.


I served them with roasted carrots, which can be cooked up at the same time as the burgers if you're not like me and have two separate pans. I had to wait and roast them up afterwards, but I think the burger juices helped the flavor.


What I'll do different next time:
-Brian suggested adding some crushed walnuts. Sounds good to me.
-Cook them for less time. They were a bit too well done for our tastes
-More mustard. They were good, but I like a stronger flavor

They were good, and they were easy. I'll definitely make them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment